Welcome video and workshop overview
Welcome to Introducing Faith Community Nursing online workshops.
As a step towards reconciliation let’s start with an acknowledgement of country written by Brooke Prentis of ‘Common Grace’
"We gather where people have met for thousands of years and honour the unbroken story of human knowledge that makes this the world's oldest continuous culture.
In acknowledging the traditional custodians of the land on which we are meeting, we, at the same time, acknowledge the good design of our creator God who deigned it right and good for the first Australians, Indigenous peoples of this land, to be resident here to care for it and enjoy its return.
And so we continue the deep Indigenous cultural traditions and biblical values of respect, servanthood and honour by offering our respect to the Elders, both past and present, of the Kaurna people and in so doing, we join with the restoring, reconciling and healing work of the Holy Spirit amongst all peoples of Australia."
Here’s how the workshop works!
The aim of the workshops is
· to grow your understanding of adding a health dimension to pastoral care,
· showing you what this proactive approach - promoting health and wellbeing of individuals, families and our communities looks like,
· and introduce you to using health professionals as part of the health and pastoral care team
· with a focus on Faith Community Nursing.
Download the Overviews below to help you navigate the different modules and to know
· what the outcome of each is
· approximately how much time they will take